Original Clubhouse at East Lake

Picture 1 of 12

In 1904, the Atlanta Athletic Club acquired property in the “suburbs” of Atlanta to create a country club at East Lake, engaging golf architect Tom Bendelow to lay out the course. The grand opening of the Bendelow course took place on July 4, 1908. East Lake is home to the oldest golf course in the city of Atlanta.