East Lake Golf Club is currently hiring Caddies. Our Agronomy Department is looking for Seasonal Golf Course Maintenance Workers to work during the summer months and an Assistant Horticulturist (Full Details Below).
If you are interested in any of these positions, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you. All applicants must be 18 years old and pass a background check and drug test.
Job Purpose: Provide specialized landscape and grounds maintenance services in support of horticulturist to include planting, chemical application, proper pruning and operation of equipment for job tasks.
- Perform horticulture related maintenance of ornamental trees, shrubs, turf, ground covers and flower beds
- Operate power equipment(gas and battery) and transport utility vehicles safely and securely to and from job site
- Provide instruction to lended employees in the absence of head horticulturist
- Keep club grounds and assigned areas clean of debris
- Apply chemical applications to ornamentals as directed from head horticulturist or assistants
- Check equipment condition before operation (oil, gas, lubricant, etc.)
- Conduct moisture checks and analysis on club grounds as directed to ensure moisture for plant health and conditions
- Work positively with co-workers and promote safe work environment
- Enhance East Lake Golf Club grounds, experience and horticulturist staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Annual detail work
Job requires working knowledge of horticulture support processes and practices. This includes chemical applications and operation of related equipment. Use of radio communications. Legally operate a motor vehicle. Capable of handling job tasks assigned and meet production expectations.
Education- minimum horticulturist certification, associates, or bachelor’s degree in related fields of horticulturist, arboriculture, botany, plant science or turf, etc.
Work experience- 3+ years of commercial or residential landscaping or management of a landscape, horticulture or turf team.
Certifications- Driver’s License, category 24 applicator license (or obtain one within 120 days of employment)
This position and work environment involves physical risks that require following basic safety precautions. This position will be exposed to the weather conditions and hazardous material and chemicals. This job typically requires lifting, pulling or pushing objects and equipment up to 60 pounds or more. Weekend work, holiday work and over time can be expected and sometimes mandatory. This is a full-time position. A criminal background check and drug screen will be conducted and employment will be contingent upon these results.
Date Available: Immediately
To Apply for Assistant Horticulturist, Send Resume To: [email protected] or for phone inquiries call: 404-687-2454
Salary Range: $14-$16 per hour
Benefits: Insurance package including: medical/dental/vision, paid time off, 401k, profit sharing plan, golf privileges, and uniforms.